Since I have to use Netbeans at my work, I always try and find the best version for me. In my case this means a version that runs quickly and is sorta stable. Since the new Netbeans 6.5 beta was released I decided to give it a shot.
First things I was seriously hoping was that they fixed the bug with Netbeans not recognizing the names of function parameters of libraries. This is a problem which got me so pissed that I switched back from Netbeans 6 to 5.5, which did not have the problem. Both Netbeans 6.0 and Netbeans 6.1 had the same problem with function parameters.
Let’s just say that on this they did not disapoint. The new Beta version has got no issues recognizing the names of function parameters. So that’s a serious improvement of the previous releases. I also like the new style for debugging and code editing.
The only real issues so far are the fact that with large web applications Netbeans 6.5 constantly hangs and stops responding. Another issue is that the debugger does not highlight the line that it’s on. The latter is probably a simple fix, but it does make debugging slightly difficult.
So lets wait and see if some of these issues get resolved in the final release.