Today I will be sharing with you how to install windows mobile 6 on your p3300. But first a disclaimer. It is possible to brick your phone if the upgrade is done incorrectly or tried on a device without at least 50% battery power. If you brick it you can try and send it in for repair.
First get going by downloading the Windows Mobile 6 ROM. Please note that this one used below is the official HTC ROM released for Japan, Australia and other eastern countries, but it is english.
- Download the USPL here, the upsl will be used to unlock the device for the upgrade. This is a critical tool!
- Download the Windows Mobile 6 ROM here. This is the official ROM released by HTC for the eastern parts of the world (don’t worry it’s in english)
Before you even attempt to upgrade to Windows Mobile 6 please make sure of the following things:
- Your battery is at least 50% full, otherwise you may brick your device
- You have Active Sync installed and the icon of it is green, which means it is connected to your device.
- You have an unbranded version of the P3300, it may also work on branded ones but I haven’t tested it.
The first thing you will need to install is USPL, if you’ve done so already you can skip this step. Here’s what to do:
- Connect your device to the computer
- Make sure it’s properly connected and Active Sync recognizes it (battery must be at least 50%!!)
- Run start_uspl.exe to initiate the upgrade process.
- Walk through the steps of the application that pops up. Do not disconnect the device during the upgrade or it will end up bricked.
- You’re done
Upgrading to Windows Mobile 6
Now that UPSL is installed you can install Windows Mobile 6 on your device. Please make backups of all files on your device before proceeding. During the upgrade all of your settings will be erased.
Just follow these steps:
- Backup all critical files of your P3300 to your computer
- Write down all settings related to GPRS or you’ll loose them
- Connect the device and make sure the battery is not below 50%
- Run RUU_Artemis_DOPODASIA_WWE_3.7.707.1_22.214.171.124_02.69.90_Ship.exe to start the upgrade
- Follow all the instructions on screen
- You’re done
Congratulations you’ve just joined the group of Windows Mobile 6 users. If you received a message about incompatibility during the upgrade you did not install USPL first!
If you got problems during the upgrade then post them, I’ll try to help where ever I can.
Note: Comment posting is disable since I threw my P3300 away and no longer have any updates to give