As you might remember I wrote an article a while back on how to set up a basic Subversion system under Linux. Well I thought why not write something similar for Windows, under Apache 2.x. Why Apache, well I like it!
So first I stared of downloading the latest binary for Subversion from Tigris, which at this time was version 1.4.2. Installing it was a peanuts. Configuring the SVN repositories is just as simple and exactly the same as with Linux. Just execute the following command from the ‘command prompt’:
svnadmin create "c:svnrootrepo1"
So far for the easy part. Now I had to set it up with Apache, which is costing me a headache at the moment. Since I recently made a clean install I choose Apache 2.2, love using the latest versions. What I failed to read anywhere was that subversion officially does not support that version of Apache just yet. So my first attempt of using the default stuff crashed Apache.
I quickly started searching for a solution to this problem, I mean nobody wants a crashing Apache! The quest let me to the find the following binaries for Apache 2.2. No more crashing Apache, thank god!
The configuration I used in my Apache include was as follows:
AuthName "Subversion repository"
But as soon as I got this all up and running the next error started occurring. One which so far I haven’t solved, but I’ll keep you up to date on this. Time to show you my next error to resolve:
Well I’ll keep you all updated if I solve this.