I’ve been using Google Sitemaps for a while to keep track of how my site is doing. Not in rankings, but in crawlabillity and errors. For the past month I haven’t had to much time to watch the stats on the Sitemaps website. But today I did. And to my suprise they improved it.
I think some of the best improvements I noticed were:
- Abillity to set the crawl-speed, don’t know if it works but it’s a good feature if googlebot keeps hammering your webservers.
- The averages of download speed, page size and number of pages indexed per day (not really useful but fun to see anyway :))
Now there are still somethings that could be improved. Like the fact it keeps reporting a broken page on my website, but fails to tell me which one.